Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 3, 2007

My first diaper for Claire...well actually, Lauren

Here is me making my first diaper. I'm showing pictures step by step because I'm really proud of myself! Lest you think I'm too prideful, it did come out about 1 and 1/2 inches wider in the crotch area than the pattern I made...go figure!

Tracing out my diaper:

Here's the pattern:

Tracing pattern on outer and inner material:

Placing and sewing aplix:

Sewing laundry tabs:

Sewing front to back:

Adding elastic to back and legs:

Topstitching to make it look pretty (and also adding casing for elastic):

Finishing the pocket flap:

Adding my aplix tabs:


Voila! The finished diaper :-) Aaw man, it's too wide!

Well, it still fits Claire (a little tall in the rise, and too wide in the crotch):


But, I already gave it to Lauren. See, it even matches her favorite "purple flowers" nightgown:


2 comments:

Andrew Hebert said...

I'm really enjoying reading your posts. Good job with the yogurt and diapers.

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Brandy - I have to say that I am very impressed!! Other than the width of the crotch, it looks like it turned out perfectly! You did a great job! Does it work as well as the bum genius one? Also, very good about the yogurt! Impressed at your homemaking! :)