Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Woman of Grace

Our camping trip was rained out last week. What a bummer! Lauren was really looking forward to camping, having a fire, and roasting marshmallows like George (the monkey). Since since we were already packed, we decided to go to Houston to see my family. We had a great time. Thursday night, my brother Brian boiled crabs and veggies. His wife, Christy made some really good chocolate desserts. Friday, we went to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory in Brenham for a tour (Tyler had never been) Saturday we took Lauren to a really nice park, and then went swimming in my family's pool. That evening we had a weenie roast and roasted marshmallows. While we were still outside, my brother Stephen whizzed by on a "zip line". Then Tyler tried it. Then I decided that if my 12 year old sister could do it, that I could too. It took me a few minutes to work up the nerve. It wasn't the actual flying part that scared me, it was wondering if I could hold on while I "dropped" from the tree. This video is the second time I did it. The first video was sideways and I had a "crash" landing so I wanted to try it again and film it for my blog. Pride comes before a fall is all I can say....literally. Enjoy laughing at my expense!

ok, I couldn't resist... can my sister-in-law do it?

not much better than I :-)
My mom and dad
At the creamery
two of my brothers, Brian and Joshua
my sister, Sarah
my sister-in-law (Brian's wife) Christy and my niece, Savannah
the canoe in the pool
weenie roast
cousins (Savannah was born on Claire's due date 2/26)

No comments: